Peugeot advances its strategy of repositioning the brand in the country and renewing its line of products with the presentation of the new Peugeot 308. The model, which reaches the market with superior quality, underwent an integral evolution of its project, highlighting to the striking style, in line with the brand’s new visual identity in the world, the most complete series of equipment of the category and a wide range of motorization.
A striking style
The new Peugeot 308, which is produced at the El Palomar Production Center in Argentina, incorporates the new identity of the French brand, first presented in the current version of the Peugeot 508. With the new styling features, the hood’s volume extends up to the new front grille, which now houses the lion logo.
The headlights contribute significantly to the strong personality of the model. Sharpened, they had the interior reworked with more refined style, giving an even more expressive, technological and unique character. The daytime running lights in LEDs, already characteristic of the brand’s vehicles, improve safety and bring a striking light signature to the new 308, which also features an optic black mask set that gives more dynamism to the front.The front also integrates a new bumper, which has in the lower area a grid in black finish that crosses the whole vehicle to subtly highlight its width. The piece houses LED daytime running lights and fog lights, both standard as of the first version.The sportiness of the new Peugeot 308 is marked on the side by new 17-inch wheels. Large diameter and multi-spoke, its two-tone appearance is reinforced by the diamond rims in the top model (Griffe). The rear of the vehicle maintains the optimum balance in volume, now highlighted by the new lanterns, which bring new generation LED lighting and in line with the new style identity of Peugeot.
A spacious interior with superior quality and comfort
One of the characteristics recognized in PEUGEOT is the superior quality of the finish, in the comfort that its models provide to the occupants. The driver finds all the care in the choice of materials and the internal ergonomics in the new Peugeot 308. The 308 has a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering column with height and depth control and with radio control, which also includes the limiter and speed governor.The extensive list of facilities is advanced for the automatic activation of the headlights and the windscreen wiper, on-board computer, external electric mirrors, sequential electric windows with anti-smash system and rear parking sensor, among others. Rear camera and front parking sensor are standard items for the Griffe version.With the redesign, the new Peugeot 308 highlights a high perception of quality. Sophisticated, the panel received a white background with new graphics and materials that give a different finish to the model, such as black piano, which permeates the entire console.
The comfort of the interior is reflected even in the automatic air-conditioning Bi-Zone, which allows adjustments of different temperatures for driver and passengers, regardless of the external temperature. Banks have also been subject to changes in their internal structure and foam density. Add to that the elegance and refinement of the perforated leather lining in the Griffe version or partial in the Allure.
The semi-high architecture of the 308 combined with the instrument panel with strong slope provides ample external visibility. This attribute extends the generous dimension of the interior. Behind them, passengers enjoy a brightly lit cabin, enhanced by the panoramic glass roof. The equipment, of 0.83 m2 of area, increases the glazed surface of the model to 4.86 m2, and guarantees optimum internal luminosity. The light input into the new 308 can be regulated by the electric drive of the ceiling curtain.The occupants also benefit from the new suspension set, designed to deliver more comfort at low speeds, dissipating floor irregularities. These modifications have come with new articulations associated with the new calibrations on the front and rear shock absorbers.An interior with superior quality and a lot of technologyIn addition to style and comfort, the new 308 features extensive technology that is reflected in an extensive list of devices such as the new multimedia center with a seven-inch touch screen. It integrates a number of functions, such as:
– AM / FM radio with memory- USB / iPod connection, auxiliary input and Bluetooth® for calls (when the user has a phone with this feature), which transports the address book from the mobile phone to the screen; Audiostreaming, which allows the user to listen to songs recorded on the cell phone or on an MP3 player without cabl- On-board computer with vehicle settin Jukebox function: 16 GB of internal memory to store MP3 music selection;
– Indications of parking sensors and integrated rear camera (Griffe version);
– GPS navigation with maps of Latin America (Griffe version);
– Technology: MIRROR LINK AND CARPLAY;
– Link MY PEUGEOT.
Two of these functions deserve special attention. Mirror Link allows the mirroring of the smartphone on the vehicle screen. Its advantages are as follows:
– Integration and modernity: respect for style;- Safety: preserved visibility and ergonomics, with applications available certified for compatible driving use, with two levels of information for the stationary or moving vehicle;
display and control of compatible applications from the touch screen;
– Compatibility ensured by two solutions:- MirrorLink – smartphones and compatible Apps(Sony,Samsung,etc.): https ://cert.mirrorlink.com/ProductListing/ ;
– CarPlay (iPhone 5 or higher): smartphones and compatible Apps: https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ ;- Control: use of the same client data package without additional cost of a second monthly subscription.
The other function is the MyPEUGEOT Link. This is a free application for smartphones, available for both Android and IOS, in which you can monitor fuel consumption, continue navigation after parking the car and locate where the vehicle was parked, among others.Unique driving experience: modern motorization and exchange offerFollowing the debut of the 2008 compact SUV, the new Peugeot 308 receives the 173-hp THP Flex turbo engine in the Griffe version and becomes one of the segment’s best-performing hatchbacks by adopting the bi-fuel direct injection technology with a turbocharger. In the development of this propeller, we sought a balanced compromise between performance and fuel economy.Among the changes needed to transform THP to petrol – widely used in the Peugeot line – in bi-fuel is the remapping of the calculator (central electronic engine management). The new calibration was developed especially to meet the Brazilian conditions and the preference of the consumers for engines that offer good resumes of speed.
Direct injection and the use of a 200 bar high pressure pump made it possible to dispense additional fuel heating systems for cold start. The compression ratio was changed from 10.5: 1 to 10.2: 1, fully complying with the new engine operating parameters.
The presence of a new sensor, of ethanol, ensures the perfect reading of the fuel used for the system to develop the strategy adapted to the conditions of running. Another highlight is the use of a piloted fuel pump, which adapts to the conditions of use of the engine, improving performance and consumption.
The result of all this technology on the engine is a maximum power of 173 hp at 6,000 rpm when fueled with ethanol. The maximum torque, of 240 Nm, already appears at 1,400 rpm, remaining constant up to 4,000 rpm. This feature ensures great driving pleasure with agile and powerful resumes, mainly because 157 Nm are already available at 1,000 rpm.Associated with the THP Flex engine, Peugeot now offers the new EAT6 automatic transmission, which introduces the “ECO” function. By changing the mapping of the engine and the laws of crossovers, the box prioritizes the economy in fuel consumption, which reached up to 7% in urban use.The modifications made also allowed to improve the maneuverability of the engine / gear assembly. The gear ratios of the exchange rate were extended by 11%, the accelerator mapping was smoothed – to prioritize the reduction of the fuel consumption – the motor brake performance was reduced, the strategy of locking the gears on flat floor was optimized and, for Finally, the RDT (Traction Reduction) function was implemented, which reduces vibrations at idle when the transmission is in the Drive position. The RDT function also reduces urban fuel consumption by up to 1%.
In the intermediate version (Allure Automatic), the new Peugeot 308 is equipped with the engine 2.0L 16V VVT Flex. The four-cylinder, dual-valve, 1,997 cm3 engine is compact, light alloy and generates a maximum output of 151 hp at 6,000 rpm when fueled with ethanol (143 hp gasoline). The maximum torque reaches 216 Nm at 4,000 rpm, also fueled with ethanol (196 Nm at 4,000 rpm in the case of gasoline). This set is associated with the second-generation AT6II six-speed automatic transmission.The wide engine range also includes the modern EC5 (1.6L 16V FlexStart), which features the system that eliminates the petrol tank to start cold. The “A” rated engine in the INMETRO labeling program develops 122 hp at 5,800 rpm when fueled with ethanol, with maximum torque of 160 Nm at 4,000 rpm. When using gasoline, the power is 115 hp at 6,000 rpm and 152 Nm of torque.This engine brings a series of evolutions with the objective of reducing the friction in the engine and, consequently, the energy wastage, which, combined with the increase in the compression ratio to 12: 5, allows optimization of the consumption and power amplification. The propeller is coupled to a five-speed manual transmission. To assist the driver in reducing fuel consumption, the EC5 features the GSI (Gear Shift Indicator) system, which indicates the most suitable gear in the instrument panel according to the engine speed.
A superior safety model
In terms of safety, the new Peugeot 308 has a level of first-class equipment. From the entry version, the model makes available as standard the ISOFIX child restraint system, six airbags (two front, two side and two curtain type with eight protection points), five seat belts with three points (with visual and audible warning of the driver and front passenger’s belts, front belts have pyrotechnic pre-tensioners and backlash, rear side belts have backlash) and front and rear head restraints (available for the three occupants).The new Peugeot 308 is also equipped with a state-of-the-art anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake distribution (REF) and emergency braking assistance (AFU). The automatic turning on of the warning flash in the event of a strong deceleration completes this device. The state-of-the-art stability control (ESP), as standard on the Allure Automatic intermediate version, detects and corrects the risk of loss of grip in situations such as sharp corners, sudden deviations and slippery floors, acting on the brakes and accelerator. The ESP can be turned off to favor low speed maneuvers. Starting at 50 km / h, the system automatically restarts.
At the front, braking is performed by ventilated discs of 283 mm in diameter and 26 mm in thickness. The brake calipers have a diameter of 57 mm to allow them to work with good level of resistance and dosage in the clamp of the discs. They contribute, therefore, to the good balance between the softness of the brake pressure and its firmness of reaction. The rear brakes are equipped with two discs of 249 mm in diameter by 9 mm in thickness.The 308 also benefits from all the experience of the PSA Peugeot Citroën Group in this area to minimize damage to occupants in a possible accident:- Primary safety (avoiding accidents): the excellent rigidity of the structure means that the set of ground connections (Peugeot’s historical know-how) and electronic assistance give the 308 a behavior that is a reference in its category;
– Secondary safety (limiting the consequences of the accident): The body structure has been widely dimensioned to withstand the most severe collisions, in particular by the triple reinforcement and impact absorption in the front. The use of THLE (high elastic limit) plates and reinforcements in several points of the bodywork allowed to increase the level of protection of the occupants, besidescontrolling the overall weight of the model.A practical and functional luggage carrierThe rectilinear forms and storage of the luggage compartment facilitate practical use of the wide volume offered by the 308: 430 liters, accessed by the remote cover opening (via the remote control of the keys), local electric button or specific command in the dashboard.
Lateral spaces allow to accommodate and even fix other objects. Finally, to extend this space to the passenger compartment, the functionality of the 1/3 – 2/3 split folding rear seats allows for even greater cargo volume.
Check out the list of complete series present in the line of the new Peugeot 308:
308 Allure- Alarm ISOFIX system for retention of children’s chairs;
– Disc brakes on all four wheels (ventilated at the front) with ABS, AFU and REF;
– Rear parking sensor;
– Front fog lights;
– LED daytime running lights (DRL);
– Direction indicator lamps on rear view mirrors;
– Rear doors with safety locking system;
– Automatic locking of doors and trunk at speed.
– Panoramic ceiling;
– Assisted electro-hydraulic steering;
– Air-conditioning Bi-Zone;
– Automatic windshield wiper with rain sensor and indexed to speed;
– Automatic lighting of the headlamp;
– Regulator & Limiter of speed;
– Driver’s seat with manual height adjustment;
– Partial leather;
– Armrest in the driver’s seat;
– Locking of doors, trunk and glasses closing by remote control of the key;
– Adjusting the steering wheel in height and depth;
– Electric windows with “one touch” function and anti-smash on the four doors;
– Rearview mirrors with electrical adjustment;
– 7-inch touch screen multimedia center with Mirror Link and My Link PEUGEOT;
– Multifunction screen with on-board computer;
– Keys with remote opening of doors and trunk lid.
– 17-inch alloy wheel;
– Chromed details on the front and rear bumper;
– Rear-view mirrors and door handles in body color;
– Soft instrument panel (“slush”);
– Leather-wrapped steering wheel.
308 Allure 2.0L Automatic
This version gets the 2.0L engine with six-speed sequential automatic transmission and stability control (ESP), plus all the standard equipment present in the 308 Allure manual.
308 Griffe THP
In addition to all the equipment present in the Allure and Allure Automatic versions, it offers:
– Front parking sensor;
– Reverse camera.
– Benches in perforated leather.
– 17-inch diamond wheels.
Tranquility guaranteed by after-sales services
308 presents several benefits deriving from the post-sale policy of Brazilian consumer appreciation, such as:
– Three years of total guarantee;
– Reviews with Fixed Prices for the entire network of concessionaires in the country;
– Packages of Parts and Services with Fixed Prices and included labor: The customer pays the same value for the service in any concessionaire of the country;
– Three years of Peugeot Assistance: exclusive service of the brand, available free of charge throughout the country 24 hours a day.
range of colors
The color palette of the new Peugeot 308 consists of the following shades: Ruby Red (base), Banquise White (special, Allure exclusive), Pearl Black Nera (metallic), AluminumGray (metallic) and White Nacre (pearly).